Yakityak's Middle Eastern Chicken (Crockpot)
- 3 small packages of skinless boneless chicken breasts, chunked large
- 1 bag of trader joe's chopped onion, or one very large onion, chopped
- 2 8 oz. cans of tomato paste
- juice of 1 large lime
- 1 tblsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 large bunch of curly parsley, well chopped
- Optional: 3 tblsp olive oil
- Optional: Mrs. Dash/Seasoning Salt/any seasoning mix
Thoroughly mix all ingredients except the chicken in a bowl. Put chicken in crockpot, and stir in the sauce until chicken is throughly coated. Cook on low for 5 hours.
Optional: If you have time, this comes out best when the chunks of chicken are browned first in olive oil over medium high heat, seasoned with seasoning salt.
Back to the main Jewish Cuisine Forum archive page.