Yakityak's crockpot sweet and sour chicken
- 2 medium packages of skinless boneless chicken, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 package of pre-sliced mangoes from trader joes (probably 1 - 2 fresh mangoes)
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 medium jar of apricot preserves
- half cup slivered almonds
- 1 whole clove
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp powdered vanilla
- 1/4 cup candied ginger
- 3/4 cup applesauce
Throw everything in the crockpot. Stir it up and let it cook forever. Stir once, half-way through. Don't eat the clove.
Goes well with rice.
Serves about 6.
Back to the main Jewish Cuisine Forum archive page.