Yakityak’s Curry Crockpot Chicken
Pour the box of soup into a 5 quart crockpot and add the spices and capers. Stir and set crockpot to low. Put diced potatoes into pot.
- 1 32 oz box of vegetable broth
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp mace (or nutmeg)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp ground sage (or ground thyme)
- 2 tblsp capers, drained
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of small yellow onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs low starch potatoes diced into 1 cm cubes
- 1 package of chicken breasts, between 1.25 and 1.5 lbs, diced into 1 inch cubes
Peel and quarter the onions. Saute on medium high heat in two batches, using 2 tblsp oil in the first batch and adding an additional tblsp oil for the second batch. Onions should be browned, especially at the edges. Add to pot.
Mix diced chicken in to pot, cover.
Cook on low for 7 – 8 hours.
Back to the main Jewish Cuisine Forum archive page.