Anieema's Sweet Kugel Recipe
This is the BEST sweet kugel recipe I know of, but it's very sweet! I received
it as a subscriber to The Happy Cook's Recipe Exchange Newletter, so the
original contributor is credited at the top of the recipe. The Newsletter is a
once a month free email publication, but most of the recipes are not kosher.
However, if it interests you let me know and I'll be happy to post subscription
information to the board.
1 pound extra-wide egg noodles
1 ( 8 oz.) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 stick unsalted butter
5 large eggs
1 cup sugar
2 cups sour cream
1 cup apricot preserves
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup raisin bran cereal, crushed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter a 2 quart (13x9x2-inch) glass oven-proof
- Cook noodles until almost done; drain; return noodles to hot pot.
- Add butter and toss noodles until well coated.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Whisk until well blended.
- Mix in buttered noodles.
- Layer half the noodles in prepared baking dish.
- Top with preserves.
- Spoon remaining noodles over preserves.
- Combine crushed cereal, cinnamon, and sugar. Sprinkle over entire Kugel.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until top starts to turn brown.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
- Serve at room temperature. Cover leftovers with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate.
Back to the main Jewish Cuisine Forum archive page.