1. Combine water, oil, salt, matzo meal and sugar in saucepan & stir.
2. Cook over medium heat and continue stirring while cooking until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
3. Immediately add one egg at a time, stirring in one direction until mixture is smooth, after each egg addition.
4. With wet hands roll 1-2 Tbsps of dough into a ball and place on greased cookie sheet.
5. Flatten or pat, form hole in center with wet finger.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45--60 minutes. My oven is hot & 45 is enough.
This process is similar to making cream puffs.
Back to the main Jewish Cuisine Forum archive page.