Yakityak's Blissed-out Potato Stew
This stew is actually pareve, but it tastes fleishig because of the Tofurkey™... which tastes surprisingly genuine in this incarnation. Even more bizarre, my picky kids gobble this up, so parents ahoy! it's worth a try.
- 1 box Imagine™ red bliss potato soup
- 4 cups water
- 12 oz. carrot chips (2/3 of a 16 oz. pkg at Safeway)
- 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 package of Tofurkey™ kielbasa (4 sausages)
- 1 12 oz. bag of fresh wax beans, cut up
- about 1 lb. red bliss potatos cut to 1/2" cubes
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 can yellow whole kernel corn
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up the Tofurkey™ kielbasa into 1/2" slices. Sauté in e.v. oil on medium heat until browned but not burnt. Remove to crockpot.
- In same pan, sauté half of onions with cut up potatoes until the onions are darkly caramelized and the potatos are browned around the edges. Salt and pepper to taste and remove to crockpot.
- Treat the carrots the same as the potatoes with the rest of the onions.
- Put wax beans, soup, water, rosemary, bay leaves and drained can of corn into the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 5 - 6 hours.
Back to the main Jewish Cuisine Forum archive page.