3/4 c raisins
1/4 t salt
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1/3 c honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Break up matzah. Soak it in water for a few minutes until it gets soft. Drain off the water. Add the raisins and salt to the matzah.
3. Beat the eggs slightly. Add to the matzah mixture. Mix well.
4. Peel and core apple. Dice coarsely into cubes.
5. Add the nuts, oil, honey and apple to the matzah mixture. Mix well.
6. Grease an 8-in round cake pan.
7. Pour mixture into pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Back to the main Jewish Cuisine Forum archive page.