Yakityak's Chipotle Bean Salad for Chips
Empty the cans of beans into a strainer and rinse well. Mix with all other ingredients in a large bowl and serve with scoop-style tortilla chips.
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- zest from 2 limes
- 3 bell peppers, roasted, cored and diced (preferably red, orange, yellow)
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- 7 fresh picked sage leaves, minced
- 2 tblsp minced cilantro
- 3 tblsp champagne vinegar
- 3 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 heaping tsp salt
NB: Roast the peppers either on a barbeque or in the oven on high broil. You want the skin to char. Check often and turn with tongs in order to ensure even roasting. Ideally you would be using the body of the limes for other dishes, like guacamole and salsa verde.
Back to the main Jewish Cuisine Forum archive page.